Flag up human trafficking
This could be the video that ends human trafficking in the UK. Watch it, share it and find out how we can make all the difference in the lives of modern day slaves by getting Police & Crime Commissioners to take 3 simple steps to #FlagUpHumanTrafficking.
Petition your Police & Crime Commissioner
Human trafficking is modern day slavery. It’s exploitation for profit. It’s a devastating injustice and it’s happening here in the UK. A few simple steps for our new Police & Crime Commissioner would be a huge leap towards ending it. Tell your Commissioner that victims’ lives are important. Tell your Commissioner to … Flag Up Human Trafficking! We’ll send the letter below on your behalf.
Your local PCC
Your local area
Human trafficking is modern day slavery. It’s exploitation for profit. It’s a devastating injustice and it’s happening here in our county. A few simple steps by you would be a huge leap towards ending it. Let’s Flag Up Human Trafficking with the simple steps outlined below and make a great leap towards ending human trafficking in our community.
- 1Appoint an officer to be the Single Point of Contact for human trafficking cases.
- 2Request and use a copy of our training pack designed for frontline police staff.
- 3Outline anti-human trafficking measures within the ‘Serious and Organised Crime’ section of the Constabularies’ 2013 Strategic Assessment.
Police & Crime Commissioners
On November 15th everyone in England and Wales had the chance to go to the polls and elect a local Police & Crime Commissioner. The Commissioner will hold your local police force to account, set police budgets and assign priorities. Most significantly, it is the job of the Commissioner to represent the views of the people who elected them – that’s us! So these leaders have a fantastic opportunity to influence our communities. We need to tell them that we don’t want people bought and sold for exploitation and there are 3 simple steps they can take that’ll make a big difference.
- Appoint an officer to be the Single Point of Contact for human trafficking cases.
- Request and use a copy of our training pack designed for frontline police staff.
- Outline anti-human trafficking measures within the ‘Serious and Organised Crime’ section of the Constabularies’ 2013 Strategic Assessment.
Key Campaign Dates
1st November – Flag Up Human Trafficking Campaign Launch!
Watch the ‘Dear Commissioner’ video, sign the petition and order your action pack ready for action week.
15th November – Police and Crime Commissioner Election
Make your voice heard and vote in your local election http://www.choosemypcc.org.uk
22nd November – 29th November – Action week
Use your action pack to host events to promote awareness and get your local communityto join the campaign and sign the petition.
January/February 2013 – Petition
Hope for Justice will send each local Police and Crime Commissioner the petition on your behalf.